We Understand The High-Stakes Inherent In Employment Law Disputes
Most people spend a significant portion of their lives at work. Their careers may be a source of meaning, growth, accomplishment and social connection. Employment disputes can undermine all of that. For employees, a work-related legal issue can derail their hard-earned success and professional trajectory. For employers, a dispute can threaten employee morale and have significant ramifications for their reputation and hiring prospects.
At Hunker Appeals, we understand the challenges posed by these complex cases. We help clients navigate employment issues with skill and sensitivity to the nuanced issues they raise. In addition to handling these cases at the arbitration and litigation stages, we handle appeals of employment issues before state and federal courts. Our firm’s founding attorney is board-certified through The Florida Bar in appellate law, a unique distinction that offers a significant advantage in navigating complex appellate litigation.
Based in Fort Lauderdale, we handle employment cases throughout Florida and Georgia.
Examples Of Employment Cases We Handle
Our lawyers represent employers and employees, which gives us a well-rounded perspective and insight into how each side approaches these cases. We handle disputes involving:
- Employment discrimination involving grounds of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or other protected grounds
- Employment contract disputes involving noncompete agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, nondisclosure agreements, severance agreements and more
- Harassment claims such as sexual harassment and a hostile work environment
- Wrongful termination claims involving discriminatory or illegal grounds for termination
- Whistleblower claims involving fraud, financial mismanagement and other illegal or unethical conduct
We approach each case with a fresh outlook, while also drawing on our extensive experience to inform our strategy.