Board-Certified Experts In Appellate Litigation
- Personal Injury Protection
- First Party and Commercial Property Insurance Defense
Danelle Bernten focuses her practice on Personal Injury Protection (PIP), foreclosure, and first party and commercial property insurance defense.
Before joining Hunker Appeals, Ms. Bernten worked as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami for more than eight years and as an Appeals Hearing Officer in Texas and Florida, handling unemployment compensation appeals. She was also an Administrative Law Judge for the state of Arizona handling unemployment compensation appeals.
In the private sector, Ms. Bernten has worked in-house and at various large and boutique law firms in the areas of motor vehicle liability, homeowners insurance, foreclosure, and property damage.
Prior to practicing law, she worked for museums such as the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., handling grants and contracts.
Whether in government or private practice, she brings a sense of fairness, clear litigation strategies, and thoughtful legal resolutions to her clients.
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- Princeton University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. Bar Association
- Florida Chapter of National Employment Lawyers Association
- Top 100 National Black Lawyers Award, State of Texas, 2020
- Top 25 Florida Trend Legal Elite Government Attorney, 2016
- Gwen S. Cherry Black Women Lawyer’s Association, Member of the Year, 2017-2018